As part of the EBT Card to Culture Program, Community Music Center of Boston will award financial aid to any person who holds an EBT card. Awards will vary based on individual circumstances.
Registration and Financial Aid
CMCB uses a registration platform called ASAP to enroll students in lessons and/or group classes.
Registration for Summer 2023 private lessons and our 3 week long day program, Summer Arts & Music, is now open! Register by June 9th, to claim your spot.
Tuition may be paid in full or in monthly installments for the duration of the current school year. Financial Aid is available; you may apply for Financial Aid either before or after you have registered in ASAP. For more information on Financial Aid, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
Cash: Please stop by the front office to pay via exact cash. CMCB is unable to make change for cash transactions.
Check: Please send your payment via check to Community Music Center of Boston, P.O. Box 171737, Boston MA 02117.
Credit card: Please log in to your ASAP account to pay by credit card (preferred). We can also take credit card payments in person in the front office or over the phone. If you would like to enroll in automatic billing please select “Save Credit Card for Future Purchases” when you pay.
PayPal: Please visit our PayPal page to make a payment via Paypal. In order to reconcile to the correct account and payment designation, please write your name, Contact ID, and Registration payment in the “Add notes” section. Your Contact ID can be found in the right corner of your receipt.
|Lesson Length||Cost Per Lesson||Cost Per Semester*||Cost Per Year*|
There is an annual $40.00 (individuals) or $50.00 (families) non-refundable fee for registration for private lessons and ensembles. Early Childhood and Elementary classes have a $15 registration fee included in the semester tuition fee.
$700 / year: Alumni Quartet, Pop/Rock Bands, Jazz Ensembles, Chamber Music Ensembles
$650 / year: ISP String Seminar, Intermediate String Ensemble, Junior String Ensemble, Chamber Orchestra, Piano Seminar, Wind Seminar, Music Theory, Una Voce, Adult Ukulele
$425 per semester (16 weeks) for Little Notes, Music & Movement, Beginning Instruments, and Instrument Exploration.
$605 per semester (16 weeks) for Beginning Folk Harp, Beginning Tin Whistle, Recorder, Clarinet, and Oboe for Beginners, Creative Movement & Dance: Movement for Young Musicians, DROP THE BEAT A Cappella Group, Glee Club, Intro to Trumpet and Trombone, Musical Theatre Performance, Music Theory for Young Musicians, Percussion Fundamentals, and Pop/Rock Guitar & Accompaniment.
Music Theory Classes
$650 per year.
Some classes can be prorated based on your start date and availability.
Financial Aid is available for the 2022-2023 school year for students of any age and ability level to support the cost of CMCB tuition. The application is open to all families and must be submitted within four weeks of your first day of programming. A complete application consists of the following:
- A completed Financial Aid Form (also available on paper in the Front Office)
- The first two pages (1040) from your most recent tax return and any supplemental schedules
- (optional) A letter explaining any additional expenses or extenuating circumstances
Financial aid supporting documents applications can be submitted by:
- Upload: Using the last question of the Financial Aid Form, upload your documents directly
- Mail: Community Music Center of Boston ATTN: Financial Aid Committee, P.O. Box 171737, Boston, MA 02117
- Email: Send clear images of supporting documentation to email@example.com
- Fax: (617) 482-6267
The Financial Aid Committee cannot process incomplete applications. For your security, please black out sensitive information (SSN) on documents prior to submitting them. All information submitted is strictly confidential and not shared with any outside parties. Awards will vary based on individual circumstances. Please note that students receiving financial aid are not eligible for other discounts.
Please direct any questions regarding financial aid to 617-482-7494 x 41or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full payment Discount: One Free Lesson
- Family Discount: 10% off if two or more persons from 1 household are enrolled.
- Adult Discounts: 10% off for all adults 55+
- College Discount: 10% off – with valid student ID
- Private lesson discounts cannot be combined with the exception of the full payment discount
- 20% off ensemble tuition, if enrolled in individual lessons, for: Chamber Orchestra, Pop/Rock Bands, Jazz Ensembles, String Ensembles, Wind Ensembles, Adult Ukulele Ensemble, Theory, Una Voce
- 40% off ensemble tuition, if enrolled in Music Therapy
Elementary Group Discount
- 20% off elementary group classes (such as Musical Performance, Pop/Rock Guitar Accompaniment, All About Music, Music Production and Writing Music 101, etc) if the student is also taking Private Lessons.
- Must be the same student. Does not apply for a student taking a group elementary class and another student taking private lessons.
If you have questions about our programming or navigating ASAP, please contact our Registration Team.
Telephone: (617) 482-7494 ext. 54