As part of the EBT Card to Culture Program, Community Music Center of Boston will award financial aid to any person who holds an EBT card. Awards will vary based on individual circumstances.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition may be paid in full, in halves, quarterly, or in monthly installments for the duration of the current school year. Additionally, we offer a Direct Debit program with automatic monthly payments for your convenience. If interested, please fill out the Direct Debit Form. For your security we will also take sensitive information over the phone. Financial aid is available.
Check: Please send your payment via check to Community Music Center of Boston, P.O. Box 171737, Boston MA 02117
Credit card: Please call 617 482 7494 x54 to make a payment. All major credit cards are accepted. For your security, we are not accepting credit card information over email. Credit card information is not stored for automatic monthly billing unless authorized by a Direct Debit Form.
PayPal: Please visit our PayPal page to make a payment via Paypal. In order to reconcile to the correct account and payment designation, please write your name, Contact ID, and Registration payment in the “Add notes” section. Your Contact ID can be found in the right corner of your receipt.
|Lesson Length||Cost Per Semester||Cost Per Year|
There is an annual $40.00 (individuals) or $50.00 (families) non-refundable fee for registration for private lessons and ensembles. Early Childhood and Elementary classes have a $15 registration fee included in the semester tuition fee.
$700 / year: Alumni Quartet, Pop/Rock Bands, Jazz Ensembles, Chamber Music Ensembles
$650 / year: ISP String Seminar, Intermediate String Ensemble, Junior String Ensemble, Chamber Orchestra, Piano Seminar, Wind Seminar, Music Theory, Una Voce, Adult Ukulele
$425 per semester (16 weeks) for Little Notes, Music & Movement, Beginning Instruments, and Instrument Exploration.
$605 per semester (16 weeks) for Beginning Folk Harp, Beginning Tin Whistle, Recorder, Clarinet, and Oboe for Beginners, Creative Movement & Dance: Movement for Young Musicians, DROP THE BEAT A Cappella Group, Glee Club, Intro to Trumpet and Trombone, Musical Theatre Performance, Music Theory for Young Musicians, Percussion Fundamentals, and Pop/Rock Guitar & Accompaniment.
Music Theory Classes
$650 per year.
Some classes can be prorated based on your start date and availability.
Financial Aid is available for the 2021-2022 school year for students of any age and ability level who are in need! The application is open to all families and must be submitted within two weeks of registration. A complete application consists of the following:
- A completed Financial Aid Form
- The first two pages (1040) from your most recent tax return
- The most recent month of pay stubs from both income earners AND/OR alternate income or assistance documentation
- Any two separate monthly bills (e.g. rent, electricity, cell phone, car, childcare, etc)
- (optional) A letter explaining any additional expenses or extenuating circumstances
Financial aid applications can be submitted by:
- Mail: Community Music Center of Boston ATTN: Financial Aid Committee, P.O. Box 171737, Boston, MA 02117
- Email: Send clear images of supporting documentation to email@example.com
- Fax: (617) 482-6267
The Financial Aid Committee cannot process incomplete applications. For your security, please black out sensitive information (SSN) on documents prior to submitting them. All information submitted is strictly confidential and not shared with any outside parties. Awards will vary based on individual circumstances. Please note that students receiving financial aid are not eligible for other discounts.
Please direct any questions regarding financial aid to 617-482-7494 x 54 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that our discount structure has changed for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
- Full payment Discount: One Free Lesson
- Family Discount: 10% off if two or more persons from 1 household are enrolled.
- Adult Discounts: 10% off for all adults 55+
- College Discount: 10% off – with valid student ID
- Private lesson discounts cannot be combined with the exception of the full payment discount
- 20% off ensemble tuition, if enrolled in individual lessons, for: Chamber Orchestra, Pop/Rock Bands, Jazz Ensembles, String Ensembles, Wind Ensembles, Adult Ukulele Ensemble, Theory, Una Voce
- 40% off ensemble tuition, if enrolled in Music Therapy
Elementary Group Discount
- 20% off elementary group classes (such as Musical Performance, Pop/Rock Guitar Accompaniment, All About Music, Music Production and Writing Music 101, etc) if the student is also taking Private Lessons.
- Must be the same student. Does not apply for a student taking a group elementary class and another student taking private lessons.